Multiple c-sections

I'M ASKING AGAIN JUST TO SEE IF I CAN GET A FEW MORE ANSWERS, THANKS!

For those of you that have had more than one c-section. Was your recovery harder or longer with the second one? If you were in really good shape before your 1st c-sec and got back in really good shape after, got a really flat stomach back and normal ab strength back was it the same after the 2nd?

What if any differences did you notice between the 1st c-sec and subsequent c-sections?

Blueliner

Asked by Blueliner at 1:59 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My first was an emergency c-section (though looking back now, I realize that it wasn’t a “real” emergency) The recovery was OK.

My second was supposed to be a natural V-BAC. After almost 36 hours of natural labor, I ruptured and had a REAL emergency C-Section. The recovery was easier with that one than my first one!

Because I ruptured with pregnancy #2, my third baby was a Scheduled C-Section 2 weeks before his due date to make sure I didn’t go into labor. That was the WORST recovery! The surgeon did a terrible job on me. From my pubic line to above my belly button I had a huge dark bruise. My whole belly looked like a port wine stain. The Doc that did it was named Dr Burger (sp?) but after that I kept calling him Dr. Butcher! My belly is still numb and I haven't had any luck with getting my belly to flatten back down at all. My uterus is still the size of a large grapefruit. (my son will be 5 in May)
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 2:40 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• My recovery was MUCH faster with the second c-section. I was up right away. The same thing for my sister. I had 2.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:03 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I had 2 c-sections and i did recover alot faster after the second and its probably because it was scheduled and not an emergency. thats about all that i can remember that was different.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 2:06 PM on Apr. 6, 2010