Please tell me thees are contractions!!!!

First off Im 37.5 weeks pregnant dialated to a 3 and 50% effaced as of yesterday. My stomach keeps tightning up all over but Im only feeling a sharp pain on the right side of my stomach that seems to linger even after the contraction has went away. Its been going on for about 20 min no. It doesnt really hurt just uncomfortable at least right now.

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 2:12 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You will know when they are contractions, everyone says that!! and it is true.

You are probably starting mild ones, my son did that for hours then all of a sudden, 10 pm at night, it was time, my water broke and the pain was like no other huge contraction. LOL, what a blessing he is.

Call your doctor if they continue so he knows what is going on.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:58 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Good luck!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:59 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• They sound like it, but usually it's even all over. Unless, maybe there's an elbow or something there? Unfortunately, dilation and effacement really don't have much to do with it other than getting us all excited or dejected. They start out uncomfortable, not painful, so it could defnitely be labor!!
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 2:59 PM on Apr. 6, 2010