Now that it has been warmer out and you've been putting toddler in less clothes..

Do they keep trying to take thier diaper off? lol
Mine is 13 1/2 months old. And the weather has been in the 80's here so i've been putting on her cute little summer dresses and she keeps liftnig up her skirt or dress and trying to take her diaper off! lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yup. They all would do that (I have 5) . I keep either shorts or a fastened onesie on him at all times.  If not I have a naked boy running through the house.

sunshine06

Answer by sunshine06 at 2:20 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• You're lucky... we just got 8 inches of snow.... so NOPE! She's in her snowsuit again with mittens a beanie and winter boots! I can't wait til dd can wear regular pants and a long sleeved shirt outside! Inside, she runs around naked or in her panties (she's almost 2.5)
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:19 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Our kids run around the house in a diaper all year around. My son went through a phase where he did that but now he's learned to leave it alone.
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 2:36 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• When my daughter was young, I always got the little dresses that had little underpants to go with them - sometimes you can find little white underpants to mix and match with dresses that don't have them.

Answer by missanc at 2:55 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I guess I got luckly on this. My son is 20 months and is just now seeming to notice his diaper and that's only when he doesn't have pants on. He doesn't take it off though he just pulls it UP like he's giving himself a wedgie lol.
    Anonymous

• Guinevere is usually in underwear now, but yes, our daughter does strip every now and then.. and says, " Look! I'm naked!" She is 2 1/2 and doing really well with potty training. Yay!
    TeresaAnne

Answer by TeresaAnne at 5:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I'd try shorts underneath. I have a boy, so he's not in dresses. ;) It's been 60s & 70s here. I could see him doing it if he had the access though.
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 7:27 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• My daughters do that. The PPs have some good ideas: little "bloomers" or things like that are good, and so are fastened onesies, but we also use tape. Duct tape or masking tape works fine, something you can rip with your hands is the best. Just tape down the flaps of the diaper, and that usually stops all removal. In our apartment, we don't have control of the heating system, so sometimes it gets really warm, too warm even for a onesies, and the girls really like to be naked, so we just put tape on the diapers and let them run around naked.
    katythemm

Answer by katythemm at 7:28 PM on Apr. 6, 2010