Champagne?

I know nothign about it, but I need to find somewhere to get 2 bottles, kind of cheap but still be a good brand/taste. Its for our parents' tables at our wedding. Of course I cant buy it cause im underage but, i just need to find a place to get it and a brand thats cheap but good. So, anyone know? thanks :)

Jessica1991

Asked by Jessica1991 at 2:35 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Do you specifically want chanpagne or would a great sparkling wine do? I can't stand champagne. For celebrations we buy Ballatore Asti Spumante. It is very inexpensive and has great taste. My sister thinks it is strong..so we buy a bottle of the non-alcohol sparkling grape juice(red). Then she mixes them half and half. That makes a very nice 'light' drink for thoses who don't drink much.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:08 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Oh, and how long can you keep it? Does it go bad anyway?
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 2:35 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• OH..all wines and champagnes will keep well for years if unopened and stored in a cool, dark place.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:09 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I don't know what you consider expensive. My favorite champagne is Veuve Clicquot Brut Yellow Label-- it's a true French champagne. It's $45/ bottle. It's fabulous! If you are just getting 2 bottles for your folks, then this would be a nice treat fro them. Most grocery stores carry it.

There is a chain called Total Wine where you can speak directly with a sommelier (that's a wine expert) and get recommendations. They can even put aside a case (they do mixed cases too) for you, and then you can send your fiance or whomever to go pick it up.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:34 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• This is from New Mexico, so it is not technically champagne. The family is French, and brought the grapes from Champagne. It is as good as anything twice the price.

http://gruetwinery.com/_product_46659/Gruet_Blanc_de_Noirs

Answer by rkoloms at 7:39 PM on Apr. 6, 2010