Maybe its time we went our separate ways.....

BFF and I have been friends for 22 yrs now. She moved away to FL,got married to a guy 19 yrs her senior,and settled into a upper middle class lifestyle and became a Conservative Republican with many strange ideas about healthcare,homelessness,etc. I'm a lower middleclass Liberal,Agnostic.Lately she's had such a bad attitude towards me about my belief system,and denies my claims when I ask her about it.One of my biggest issues is her thinking I should be working when I can't. Our son has autism,and we have no support from family. We don't have anyplace for him to go when he's sick or off school.She just refuses to see anyone elses point of view.Do you think friends that have just seemed to have grown apart can ever find common ground again?She's changed so much!

TMJ121099

Asked by TMJ121099 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• I think you could continue to be her friend if she wasn't so pushy about her beliefs, but she is. I would stop calling her. When she calls I would be busy and cut down on the time I spent talking to her. If she asks why I would tell her the truth, that have been growing apart and you are not sure what you have in common anymore.
    You should choose people to be in your life who are uplifting and make you the best you possible, not those who drag you down and question your choices.
    Good luck!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:31 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Just don't try with her anymore... there is no need for people who are that way in your life. They wont change. Good luck with your son hun.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 3:29 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• my pastor said one time to rid your life of people that cause you stress and drama. i did that and trust me its so peaceful. i hated to give up a friendship but some time you have to.
    Anonymous

• Let her go its one thing for you to have different values but another thing for her to bash you for not believeing what she does.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:12 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I agree with anon. 3:41, it's so true, been there, done that :)
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 5:20 PM on Apr. 6, 2010