swing set

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3424132
This swing set is really cheap, but i'm not liking the hard plastic swings. I had a metal swing set growing up and it lasted forever. But so many tell me wooden is the way to go. What kind do you have and where did you get it?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 3:31 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• We have a wooden one. We got it at ToysRUs. They don't have it anymore. We love it. I like that we can build more onto it later as we would like to. My girls love it. They have been out there every day since it has been nice out. I also too think wooden is the way to go.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 3:40 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3452550
    This is the one we got at Toys R Us for our twins. It was a little cheaper than this at the time, but we have had it a year and so far it is doing good. We did take all the swings and stuff off and store it for the winter.
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 4:06 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• We have a metal one, we bought it years ago from Toys R Us when our older boys were little. I WISH I had the $$ to buy a wooden one for my 4yr old--- they have a lot of neat looking ones that I know he would love!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:15 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• sometimes you can find ones for cheap on craigslist/ebay by people who's kids have outgrown them, and they last a long time! We got ours from a local place that custom makes them.

Answer by missanc at 4:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• we built a wooden one with a little fort, and we bought swings that have flexible plastic seats from Lowe's. I hate the hard plastic seats! They just aren't comfortable.
    flowrchild77

Answer by flowrchild77 at 6:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• My kids actually bent the a-frame on a metal swing set from walmart. I picked up an older one (1970's) for free. It is much stronger than they are today. The metal on the poles is 2x as thick.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:24 AM on Apr. 7, 2010