will it work the second time around?

i divorced my husband due to problems that is ex and kids were causing. i thought maybe if i was out of the pic then they would let him live in peace.well we divorced almost one year ago and i miss him a lot. yes his ex quit pestering him and the kids still dont see him. it did not help except that she does not call him cussing about something. she wanted her cake and eat it to. this past weekend we went out and had a good time. it was total peace. i think this go around he will put her in her place cause she ruined our marriage. mostly because i let her. she will have a fight on her hands this time. has anyone out there divorced because of a husbands ex wife and gotten back together and how did it go?i cant give a lot of details of the two years we were married cuz it was hell dealing with her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Once burned, twice shy.

And "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

I would not trust that it would get better.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• i think it might get better. do you know why the divorce happened? what are ways around fixing it- NOT ignoring the problem, but FIXING it? even if that means talking with the ex wife and his kids. i say go slow though, things might be different, but things may go back to the same and even if YOU dont allow the ex wife to control/ruin the relationship, HE might allow it. kwim?
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 4:26 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• My hubs sister and her husband are on their 2nd go-round. This time they are making it work, and have been back together for 7 yrs now. (I did not know them the 1st time so don't know what their issues were).
    If it were me, I don't know if I'd try again, I am kind of a 'been there done that' person and I don't know if the same issues would come up again.
    If you do decide to go back with him--- I wish you luck!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:28 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• in response to shy dia...... i told him in no uncertain terms if he lets her interfere this time then i am done completely. this woman was horrible. we had a nice house, nice cars, great relationship, and she hated it. she had left him for another man. she told us in no uncertain terms she would make us suffer and she did. the stress got so bad that the only option for me was divorce and get out of it. i also had in the back of my mind that i needed to let him go and see if they could put their family back together cuz i thought that is what she wanted. noooooo...she did not want him she just did not want me and him together.there is names for women like that...homewrecker...
    Anonymous