Got an idea for a tattoo?

something mother-related maybe, kind of hippie-ish maybe... I need ideas! thanks! :o)

FelipesMom

Asked by FelipesMom at 3:41 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• No no no! Don't get some random idea from strangers on the internet! Felipe is far too unique for that! Think about getting something individual and, well, unique! I, for example, toy with the idea of getting a collage of icons depicting Isis- both the goddess and my daughter whom she was named after- all on the faded background of her first footprints.
    It should be special. Maybe sit down with him one day and you and he can draw one up together (that'd be unique for SURE!!), and/or a tat of whatever his first word was, or his favorite stuffed animal, or an image representing the time he first (fill n the blank with an awesome memory).

Good luck! And post pics when you get it!
    jellyphish

Answer by jellyphish at 7:35 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• What about a mother earth tattoo?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:45 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• some people i know...sometimes do tattoo's together and get the same tattoo's to resemble mother-daughter.

some people stick to thier child's names, or thier birth color or even thier sign.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:46 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• What about a bracelet with your child's name. You can pick a design to link the names around your wrist or ankle..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:20 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I am adding to the 3 shooting stars i have on my front right hip for my son, and after this baby, I will add more stars to it again. After each milestone, accomplishment, and graduation, etc, I will be adding more, going up over my hip, around to my back, and across to my left shoulder in a ribbon-type design.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 4:42 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• My husband got a tattoo between his shoulder blades of a broadhead (the kind that goes on top of an arrow, not the Indian type) and then had them put my name on top, my son's name on the side of the arrow blade, left the other side blank for our next childs name, and then Psalm 127 put at the bottom, since that is the bible passage that talks about having a full quiver (children/family) is a gift from God. Try thinking of something unique to you that represents family. That is how he came up with his.
    jdelain79

Answer by jdelain79 at 12:48 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I did my childrens feet prints from the hospital ! they turned out so cute!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 1:47 PM on Apr. 12, 2010