DO you Pluck, wax or shave your upper lip and chin hairs?

I used to always have mine waxed.I was always told not to shave it because it would come in darker and thicker. Well, I was in a hurry one day and noticed I was a littl eover due for a good waxing so I went ahead, grabbed a razor and shaved it off! I was so worried I would wake up and look like a man,lol. But I've been doing it for about a year now and its no darker or any more than it was before!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I pluck, but I am sick of it. I was just wondering what would happen if I just left it. Could a grow a long 12 hair beard? Maybe tie a little bow on the end.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 3:52 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I don't really have any lip or chin hairs but if I do notice some I lightly shave them. Never have they grown back thicker or darker.
    Anonymous

• I use hair bleecher for that area. I can't think of what the name of it is.
    Anonymous

• I was in the same situation as you and it's worked out well for me! : )
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 3:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• i shave it too. i dont have the time or money to be waxing it, plus that shit hurts
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:23 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• The best results for long lasting removal of chin and lip hair that I've seen, is with electrolysis. I'm a licensed aesthetician, over 10 years. There is no laser that I've seen that comes close to offering the longevity that electrolysis offers for hair removal.
    Waxing, shaving and tweezing will not rid you of the hair, nor will it cause more, it's just consistent maintenance.
    Allow

Answer by Allow at 1:56 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I wax. I just buy wax from walmart that I heat in the microwave.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• pluck the little mustache hairs on the sides of the lips, but right under the nose, plucking hurts too much---use sharp Tweezerman brand mustache scissors---they'll cut very close. I pluck some of the chin hairs, but I don't think using a razor is going to do what "they" say it will---I shave my fore arms and never had the hair grow back heavy or thick. I think the shaving thing is a myth. (in fact, after YEARS of shaving my arms, the hair is lighter and finer and I hardly have to do it at all anymore. Likewise, I've plucked my eyebrows for 35 years---they hardly grow at all now, so I think the more you pluck the more you'll just kill the hair follicule completley and hair won't grow anymore.)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Apr. 9, 2010