My 3 month olds hands and feet are ALWAYS sweaty and sticky. Is there any reason for this?

NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Asked by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 3:46 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• her little temperature maintenance system is only just starting to work. So if she gets hot her body thinks it needs to try and cool down and part of that is sweating and the hands are a great place for that. If you think about how often she is snuggly warm and then cool ( In bed, out of bed, in the car, out, in the pram and out, cuddled in your warm arms, then on the floor for tummy time) her very immature system is just trying to figure out what to do - its totally normal - just wipe them with a wet washcloth regularly - avoid baby wipes, they are full of chemicals she will then suck off! If she is like every other baby I know she is constantly sucking her hands, All that equals sweaty sticky little fingers!
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 4:42 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Maybe he snuck into the cookie jar when you werent looking? lol
    Anonymous

• I always wondered why my babys hands and feet were always like that. I'm no help sorry. But that's how my baby was when he was around that age.
    Anonymous