Does anyone know why it would hurt to take out a tampon?

It doesn't hurt at all putting them in - just taking them out. Also, sometimes it is really painful when I sit or lie down. That kind of pain doesn't happen often but it always hurts taking it out (and yes, it is full and no, it's not the wrong size).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i have that problem too but im usually really dry down there and the newer tampons absorb more than they used too...so maybe friction...im not sure exactly....
    Anonymous

• Sometimes it happens to me too. I notice it more in the beginning of my cycle and always thought it had to do with just being more sensitive down there during my cycle.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I've been using them for 15 years so I know I have it in right. It's just so weird that I can't feel it being in there until I have to take it out.

Also, it's not dry.

It's just so frustrating. : (

Thanks for the responses!
    Anonymous

• If it hurts when you sit down it is probably not in right (or far enough in) , I know you said it is the right size - but have you tried the minis - they are slimmer, you need to change more often but might be better suited to your anatomy.
    As far as hurting every time you remove, or when you lie down, I am wondering if you have an infection or long term thrush - That can make everything very sore. To remove you should go slowly, and bear down gently with your pelvic floor muscles. To be honest, if it is that painful I would ask my Dr to do an exam to be sure there is no infection or inflammation
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 4:09 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• If you can feel it when after you put it in, it probably isn't in right. You said you don't feel it, but if it is sometimes painful when you sit or iie down, then you can feel it! As for the pain when you are pulling it out, are you sure you are using the right absorbancy? If you are using a super absorbancy when you only have a light flow, that could be the problem. I know you said it is full but the super ones are bigger and probably more painful for you. Ask your Dr.
    Anonymous

• it could also be how your body is built - different position of cervix and uterus can change after babies. I know I can't use certain kinds anymore because they're uncomfortable.

I went to a cup - doesn't feel odd anymore.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:21 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• That happens to me when my period is light and I use the wrong absorbency. You may have a small opening, (I do) and need to use the light ones?

Anonymous

• HERE IS A SMART ANSWER FOR U ITS PROLLY TO BIG U GOTTA GET A SMALLER SIZE ALONG WITH HAVING ONE TO BIG AND BEING IN PAIN IT IS ALSO HIGHERING UR RISK FOR TSS GO A SMALLER SIZE.
    hotmami2ajae

Answer by hotmami2ajae at 7:19 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• OP here:

I use the slimfit light absorbency size only so it is not the issue but thanks, hotmam.
    Anonymous

• I had this issue too and found out I wasn't inserting them in far enough, and was using too big of an absorbency. My uterus is titled opposite of how it is supposed to so, I too, felt a tampon when I was sitting until I was educated by my doc about how I needed to use one for me. I switched to the smallest, most slender size they make in the Tampax Pearl. I have to change one every 4 hours, but it really helped with the pain aspect when I would sit. I would say that it still isn't comfortable when I take one out, but there isn't, what I would call, pain involved with it. I agree that if there is pain involved every time that it wouldn't hurt to talk to your gyn doc about it. He/She would be able to tell you how you are built inside, and if there is/isn't an infection going on that needs to be taken care of.
    jdelain79

Answer by jdelain79 at 12:43 AM on Apr. 7, 2010