What is a good self tanner to use?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• i'VE TRIED SO MANY TYPES OVER THE YEARS EVEN SOME EXPENSIVE ONES AND THEY HAVE ALL MADE ME STREAKED AND ORANGY. i'LL TRY THE BANANA BOAT OR JERGENS. i LOVE TH LOOK OF A TAN THAT'S WHY IVE TRIED SO MANY OVER THE YEARS AND BELIEVED THEIR STUPID ADVERTISING.
    koolkidsmom

Answer by koolkidsmom at 3:53 PM on Apr. 13, 2010

• I just bought Banana Boat's and I really love it. Almost missed it since it was on the top shelf at Wal-Mart. Also, this was the cheapest brand.

I have tried L'Oreal's gel tanner and that was really good stuff as well. : )
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 3:55 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I use Loreal Sublime Spray and love it!
    Anonymous

• Banana Boat....or Jergen's lotion with tanner in it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:58 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• my 17 yr old uses the banana boat and her tan looks the same as her 18 yr olds sisters tan...which came from spending 4 days in Florida....there is no difference between the 2! they both look great
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• If you want to splurge, Xen-Tan is pretty awesome. I have a bottle of the foam version which I use in the summer to pretend I've been getting a great tan when actually I'm terrified of skin cancer and strictly apply sunscreen every 2 hrs. If you are super light like I am, finding a self-tanner that doesn't make you orange or streaky is oh-so-difficult. Xen-tan is one of the few that looks surprisingly real on me. It comes in lotion form and with a bronzer, but I would stick to the foam. It dries extremely fast and doesn't feel gross. I'm pretty sure you can get it online at Nordstrom.com.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 5:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I like the Jergen's lotion with just a hint of self tanner - I can make it as light or dark as I want it and since I just use it as my regular lotion in the summertime, there is no extra step/time.

Answer by missanc at 8:44 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• .I am fair and finally found Orgins to give a soft color. I'm also a self tanner junkie always looking for a more realistic tan LOL.l will be at Nordstroms in the a.m.
    drfink

Answer by drfink at 9:01 PM on Apr. 13, 2010