Should a Marriage be discreet about their Relationship & Home Problems??

I think YES! But I'm wodering waht other wife, girlfriends think regarding this.
I think it's o.k for a Husband, boyfriend to tell a guy his had a bad day at home w/his wife,girlfriend but not in details and absolutetly not calling your wife,girlfriend names, UGLY NAMES to anybody about you! I do let my girlfriends I have trouble at home but I don't go in to details and not calling my man bad names. I think home problems should remain home problems! What happends at home stays at home! Sounds familiar? lol
Even a woman has more right to talk but in a man it just looks wrong unless he is gay (not that I have a problem w/gay men) .. Going gossoping should be only a females thing, onless like I said the man is gay, girly gay.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• I think that a marriage should be protected and a marriage partner respected. I don't really think of it in terms of being discreet. I don't "vent" to friends about disagreements, arguments, etc. that are between my hubby and I. There is a difference in asking for guidance, ideas on how to handle a problem or a disagreement with your hubby and just "trashing" him to vent to your friends. The one is constructive and respectful of your husband and your relationship and the "venting" is inappropriate and vindictive. Though "venting" may help you to feel better temporarily, it will just end up causing another set of problems.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 5:58 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I agree that you don't hang your dirty laundry out so to say. But confiding in a friend sure.

My question is what makes you think that a man shouldn't be able to do the same? How does him expressing his problem to a friend make him gay? He's human!
    angeleyes0306

Answer by angeleyes0306 at 4:12 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• If both parties are ok with it then I don't see a problem. But if you allow others into your personal business, then you should expect for them to put their nose in when it's not welcome. I do vent to 1 bff and say everything that I want but I also know that it will be taken as a vent post and not be used for gossip.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:13 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. If the man cannot talk, neither can the woman. And for the most part, neither SHOULD.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:13 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I think couples should, in general, keep their personal issues and business just between the two of them. I dont think either one should go around talking about all their problems in detail. Venting I can see, because sometimes we all just need an ear to listen. But that should only be to a good friend or family member who knows better than to judge the other spouse.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 4:16 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I typically do not share my problems in my marriage unless is someone close to me, even in that case I am very selective with the information I disclose.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 4:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• girls dont' have any more rights then guys to talk outside of thier relationship. my mother always told me you go to the inlaws to talk about your spouses problem, because they'll always love thier child regaurdless of what they do!
    Anonymous

• I disagree that a man has less right to talk about it ... that seems a 1950's menrtality to me.
    Sure I think you shouldn't air your personal problems in a public way, but we all need to vent, and to get issues off our chests - I have two friends I tell everything to, and my DH has a good friend who he can bounce stuff off. - Is your issue the name calling to another person? That can be ugly, but if that is his way of speaking then that should be what you expect! What offends you might not offend another woman - My hubby can say I'm being bitchy (LOL at PMT time) and I am not offended, but I have a friend who is horrified at that - says he is being disrespectful. Some people use every word under the sun and it is just words, others take personel offence.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 4:23 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Sorry I think I didn't asked it correct! I do agree w/the man telling a close friend but not the shaming the wife and much less in front of the wife as to calling the wife names like sycho , and just made to lok as if you are the "bad guy" whenyou know in your heart and mind you are not! I didn't mean a man shoulden't takl to his friend, what I'm trying to say is not allowing a guy friend to personal business like JADEMOM07 SAID! I didn't say that a man is gay just b/c he gossips about his wife to his friend!!! I said soemthing like I't common to accept a girly gay man! A nongay man would hold a little, yes would say something but be a little discreet and not calling his wife names, ugly names! Sorry English is not my first language, I can see it ca easily loosetranslation...
    THANX!
    Anonymous

• I say either party should be able to have a person to confide in. Closed relationships do not work for me and I do not think a man is gay if he talks to his friends. There is always the priest to talk to as well seeking counsel when the wheels are coming off your bike is someone who wants to save their relationship. God bless the man who can kick ass and take names and god bless the man who takes the hand of a friend when he knows he is about to get his ass kicked.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:48 PM on Apr. 6, 2010