Is your toddler content to play by him or herself for short periods of time?

I'm so happy, mine likes to go off and play by herself from time to time. Some times she can be so clingy and I can't get anything done! Today, she is self entertaining and I almost still dont get anything done because its so enjoyable to watch her playing,lol. Yeah, I'm a sap,lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is 18 months old and he loves playing with kids when he is around them . However he is very good at keeping himself entertain when we are at home because he is an only child... He is very independent and likes to be held but prefers to be off wondering around.... i love it....
    iliana90

Answer by iliana90 at 4:32 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Yes. My 16 month old likes attention and I spend a large amount of my time with him - he's the reason I stay home! But he will entertain himself for short periods of time with books or one of his toys, sometimes for so long that I get worried and look around to see what he is doing.

Answer by missanc at 4:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• My 18 month old will entertain herself for short periods of time. If I need a longer than 5 minutes I will put on pbs, but as background noise. She rarely sits and watches tv.
    MILFInProgress

Answer by MILFInProgress at 5:03 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• When my 18 mo grandson gets quiet and seems to be entertaining himself that is the time to jump up and see what he is into. Is he putting things in the toilet? Is he taking everything out of grandma's drawers? Is he on top of the kitchen counter looking in the cabinets? LOL

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:07 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• My 20 month old hardly ever tries to really play with me but when I get down on the floor with him he will for a while but usually runs off to do his own thing sooner or later. He mostly likes to bring me "gifts". He'll carry his toys to me say "here you go" and puts them in my lap and runs off lol. If I sit on the couch it's usually with a lap full of toys.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 8:48 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• oh yeah! my son loves his independence! He's 19mo and will play by himself for 5-10 min at a time sometimes longer, and will come up to me when he wants attention. I'm generally always in the same room as he is and I love to watch him play (he's getting quite the imagination!!!) If he wants attention he'll look up at me or come up to me. Those are times I spend some time one on one with him to play, roughhouse or read.. sometimes he just enjoys me talking to him :)
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 12:35 AM on Apr. 7, 2010