Can you get and std/sti from a sex toy (dildo, etc)?

Ok say you had and Chlamydia got treated for it, but when you had it you used your toy (didn't know you had it) then a while later you decided to use it again. You cleaned it off maybe with some soap and water, is it possible to get it again from that!???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Sep. 22, 2008 in Relationships

• You can not regain an std/sti from a toy used with it. Especially if you had washed it. Bacteria can only live for about 20minutes if not in a warm moist place. We have a toy cleanser that removes all things from toys. http://passionpartycyndi.yourpassionconsultant.com enter yahoo into coupon box for 10% off. hope this helps!
    passioncyndi

Answer by passioncyndi at 2:03 AM on Sep. 23, 2008

• I can't see the bacteria living very long or living through soap and water...I would more believe that you got it back from whoever gave it to you in the first place...maybe they didn't get treated? Or they got treated but were with the same person that gave it to them and they didn't get treated? Or maybe even your treatment didn't work? I would see the toy as a long shot, but I suppose its still possible.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:01 AM on Sep. 22, 2008

See thats it I'm not sure if I have it back, I was supposed to get mirena, but I think it was all in my head with the itching and not feeling right. I mean I did have it before, but I think I was just very nervous, ya know. Then I was scared that I didn't clean it good enough or how long it would stay on it. Thank you for your answer! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Sep. 22, 2008

• Thank you...my fears have been subsided! I love cafemom and the women on it!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Sep. 23, 2008