How soon after implantation bleeding should I take a pregnancy test?

Just a little background info...I am currently breastfeeding my 14-month-old (due to breastfeeding both my children, I have not had my period since the summer of 2006). In January, I thought I got my period back. It lasted only 3-4 days and was light. I figured it was my period, however February came and went and there was no period. Now at the end of March, I again started bleeding and it lasted 5 days. It wasn't very heavy. During that time, I was extremely tired (still am), and my lower back hurt very badly (still is). Anyway, once again I'm thinking I may be pregnant. I took some hpt's and thought I saw a faint line...however, they are the blue dye tests and I'm afraid it could be evaporation lines or my mind is playing tricks on me. My question is, since the bleeding stopped two days ago, was it too early for me to test? If this bleeding was implantation bleeding, how long should I wait to test? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• If you really have no clue when your period is because of what is going on. Get another test and see what it says. If you are still think you are and it is neg. They go to the Dr.
    Anonymous

• If you really have no clue when your period is because of what is going on. Get another test and see what it says. If you are still think you are and it is neg. They go to the Dr. I agree with this post and if all else fells talk to someone at your health department.
    lilltemama831

Answer by lilltemama831 at 4:50 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• pregnancy and bf will mess up your periods for awhile so just take a test for you peace of mind.
    MILFInProgress

Answer by MILFInProgress at 5:06 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Doesnt sound like impantation bleeding to me.. sounds like your period. Take a test, if you believe you may have seen a positive before then it sure would be positve again. I think your system is still adjusting to having a baby and breastfeeding. Good luck tho. Hope you get the results that you want.
    Rjmjpappy

Answer by Rjmjpappy at 9:34 AM on Apr. 7, 2010