What is the first thing you think of when you hear of a young girl being "sold" by her parents to a man as a wife?

Would you relate this to slavery?

What do you think of this being allowed and common?

What would you say to a girl trying to leave a situation such as this, that was never taught the way a man SHOULD treat a woman?

Could you tell her how a good man treats his wife?

matobe

Asked by matobe at 5:11 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would ask if it was still in the dark ages.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:20 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• terrible life was my first thought, but I am aware that these practices have a purpose and a place in other cultures.
    Anonymous

• its another form of prostitution and sex traficing. i have friends that work for an organization in India, rescuing girls from being sex slave, giving them shelter and helping to physically, emotionally and spiritually rehabilitate them. the center works in conjuncture w a group of lawyers who are working w the indian and US government, bringing the men who do this to justice.

i would tell her to do what ever it took to get out. there are lots of places that can provide the help she needs.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 5:25 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Ok, well, she's 17, and has a 1yo DD. She wants DD to be happy and have a family and a dad, and is willing to sacreifice her own safety to provide so for DD.

I feel as though this may put her daughter in more danger than the fear of DD growing up without a dad in the house...
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 5:29 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• That pisses me off!!! that's how i feel about it!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 6:23 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• How young is young? Some religions believe this is the best way to take care of daughters.
    Anonymous

• I would say "thanks mom and dad for finding me a mad cause i"m sure as heck not having any luck myself."
    Anonymous