Fiance wants his kids back...

So, my fiance let me know he has 2 kids with his ex wife. He left her when she was pregnant with the second kids & she claimed abondonment. So stuff happens and she gets him to sign over his rights to the kids and they get an annulment. This happened almost 2 years ago ( since he seen them) because she wouldnt let him come be with him and even let her new husband adopt them. I have even tried calling her to tell her to let the kids FATHER see them and she always acts dumb is is like, Dont call here, their father is the man that is with them right now. She even was like That guy you are supposidly engaged to is a stranger, and if either you you ( me or him) contact any of MY family again you will be arrested ( we also found out she has a restraining order on my man.

Anyways my question is, if we claim she tricked him into signing over his rights, can we get the kids back ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Probably not-- it would be difficult to convince anyone that he was coerced into signing over his rights and didnt realize it, or at least made no attempt to do anything about it, for 2 years.

AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 5:28 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Maybe but how could she of tricked him? he must of knew what he was doing to sign it.
    MissSmiley

Answer by MissSmiley at 5:28 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• No expecially if it has been two years, he should just let them be, they have a father and your fiance is not him
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry, but he should have never ever signed over his rights if that was not what he wanted. This will make it difficult to proceed as you wish. I would imagine you are going to need some legal counsel to see what might be done.
    Anonymous

• As far as I know he won't be able to get his rights back. My oldest son's (technically my stepson) bio mom signed away her rights and then some how she found out that I was planning on adopting him and she tried to say that my hubby tricked her into signing her rights away. When we went and talked to a lawyer he told us that if she didn't read the papers then it's her own fault. He told us that you can't trick somebody into signing something because the papers they are signing say exactly what it is.

Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 6:07 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Did she" trick" him into not seeing them for 2 years too?
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 6:47 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• why do you want to marry him?

Answer by rkoloms at 7:30 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Uh, I want to marry him because he is an amazing man... and maybe he didint see them for 2 years because when he met me a few months ago, I made him want to become a family man......
    Anonymous

• I doubt it. He gave up his rights, they are not his kids, he is just a sperm donor.
    Anonymous

• He sounds like a piece of shit to me. I don't know how you consider a man who abandons his kids amazing. I guess when he leaves you alone with kids to feed you will see him for what he really is a loser
    Anonymous