Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can I cure my transportation needs?

I only have my permit and having someone drive with me is RARE. I do have a bike with trailer. The weather has been horrible and so far it has had water in it about twice. In short it needs to dry out. As it looks the weather isn't going to improve. The stroller I have isn't water proof. I'm definitely not in shape.


Asked by x2startermom at 5:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • Bus pass?

    Answer by rkoloms at 7:30 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

  • Of course a car and a license would be best. My minivan I have now was given to me by a friend because it needed brakes and she was moving and didn't want to mess with fixing it and moving across the country with it. It cost $600 to fix and we have been driving it for 2 years with no more repairs. My previous car was $300 and lasted 5 years. You can get cars cheap if you are in the right place at the right time and they may last years if you are gentle with cars and lucky.

    Maybe you could get a stroller from Craigslist? If your child isn't very big you could get a backpack. Start with small walks and work your way up to longer trips. I live in Tucson and there are many people without cars that walk to grocery stores with strollers sometimes with a kid on their back.


    Answer by Gailll at 5:24 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

  • I should've put I've got twins. I do have a double stroller but it isn't water proof.

    Answer by x2startermom at 5:40 PM on Apr. 6, 2010