This has always bugged me????

My pregnancy has continued with no major problems and the baby looks great. I am in my second trimester as this point. But I am wondering what you all think may have happened early on. My HCG levels were moving up very fast, then they went from 6000ish (at about 5 weeks pregnant) to 3000ish in less than 24 hours. Yet, I never miscarried and all has been well. I had no major questions until a friend said "maybe it was twins". Of course it makes no difference other than to see if this was possible. Does anyone have any thoughts??? Thanks cafemoms...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i have heard of what they call "disappearing twin". i'd google that.
    Anonymous

• My mother, when she was pregnant with my sister...thought she was having a miscarraige...she started cramping, and bleeding..and they rushed her to the hospital to find out that the baby was fine, her heart was beating, and she was well..but they believe that she was pregnant with twins, and for some reason, she lost the other one (my mother is a twin as well)
    Anonymous

• It's possible it was twins. I am not sure what the HCG levels are supposed to be at each stage but I do know they are not supposed to drop like that.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:40 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Vanishing twin
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 10:09 AM on Apr. 7, 2010