if porn is just a harmless fantasy.. why is it so hard to give up??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Porn is what you make of it I watch it and sometimes I do not watch it. It just depends on what you are using it for as the main event or something on the side to spice up your main event.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• why does anyone have to give it up? if its just a fantasy.

women don't give up their trashy romance novels - why should the guys have to give up trashy romance in pictures?
    Anonymous

• i dont read trashy romance novels. never have, never will.
    used to look at porn when i was single. i think its disrespectful when your in a relationship, and after my SO looking at it, i know think its just plain old disgusting. i wouldnt want my daughter in one of those porns.
    i refused to marry someone who looks at porn.
    some men dont stop looking at because theyre women let them get away with it. someone will treat you how you let them. i kicked my SO out for a month over him looking at porn. i went out to bars and did what i wanted, just like he did. he hasnt looked since.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:58 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• It is like every thing else. It can become addictive. Just like most likely one beer will not hurt you or others but some take it too the extreme.
    Anonymous

• I personally HATE porn. And DH knows it. He use to say it was cuz lack of sex and all that. We've had sex alot more lately, and yet again i walked in on him looking at it yesterday. I told him it makes me feel like i'm not enough, like he prefers to look at the perfect girls than me. I have 3 kids...i don't look like I did 5 years ago. And he didn't say anything..just like he agreed, that he isn't satisfied anymore. Talk about a low blow
    Anonymous

• Everything is ok in moderation. It's the obsession that makes it hard to give up.
    Anonymous

• It's not just a harmless fantasy, and that's why it is so hard to give up. It is highly addictive to most people. I've had men tell me they looked at it once when they were young, and they can still see those images today--50 years later. Men are very visual beings, much more so than women. And, it is impossible to look at naked women and not think what he'd like to be doing to them or with them. Not something I could handle. It's too much like adultery of the mind.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• cause not everyone thinks it IS a harmless fantasy. Cause we are NOT all the same in what we feel about it. Because everyone is different & has different views on "fantasies" It is NOT harmless to me. Right now. .its tearing me to pieces & destroying my marriage as the "harmless fantasy" has taken over my husband & thrown me to side. . i am NOT saying every man will do it. ..but it can & for me. .sadly it has. I see nothing harmless about it
    It goes against my beliefs. . .to me it is cheating. Yes i know. . thats not cool to think :) but i do believe to each their own. If its ok in your marriage then more power to you. . .but not everyone feels that way
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 6:26 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• it's not necessarily have for everyone to give up. It's like anything it can be addictive- you have to know how to maintain a balance.
    Anonymous

• my thoughts on anon 600
    "he didn't say anything..just like he agreed" just because he didn't say anything doesn't mean that he agreed.
    "I told him it makes me feel like i'm not enough, like he prefers to look at the perfect girls than me."

how much time have you spent scanning the selection when it comes to porn? most porn out there features the 'perfect girls' - Far as I know most men like look at it for the big picture. That they like to look at people having S*x. I don't think it means that he feels that he HAS to look at the 'perfect girls'

if you made him a porn movie, he just may want to spend time looking at that too-
    have you ever asked him how he would like a movie that you made or yourself?
    I'd be interested to know what he had to say...............
    Anonymous