My sister think that you should tip the pizza delivery man 15-20%, i told her she's nuts, give him 2 bucks and be done. Opinions Please.

NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Asked by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 6:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• They get $2-3 bucks.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:30 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• i give 3. unless its a holiday, raining, snowing, bad weather, or hes comming far away or carrying alot of food..
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:07 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I'm really on the fence with this one. My son is working as a Chinese delivery guy....he CLEANS UP!!!! I swear, he makes $100/day!!!!! The place pays him $7/hour and he works 7 hours and pays for his own gas. He COMES HOME WITH the $100 after paying for the gas, almost every day. I used to give delivery guys about $3. I"m rethinking it now. Some of them really depend on the money to support themselves.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:08 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I usually give about 3 too. if the total is 16 and I give him 20, I let him keep it.
    Anonymous

• It really just depnds on how much I ordered. Usually we end up tipping $5 because we usually order 4-6 pizzas. My hubby says they get $1 a pizza or food item that they are carrying.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 6:09 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Not all places pay the way your son's employer does. Some people get paid very little because they are expected to make up for it with tips.
    Anonymous

• and by the way, there IS a 3 doller delivery charge on top of hte order. Just to add.
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 6:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• My hubby is a pizza delivery driver. He only gets paid $5/h. They charge you a delivery charge when you order your pizza...but that delivery charge does NOT go to the delivery driver. They only make what they get. And every time someone puts $2 in my hubby's hand...he thinks to himself, "Thanks..that $2 will definitely put diapers on my kids." Two bucks is nothing. I wouldn't tip a delivery driver any less than $5, because I know how much of a hassle it is...and it puts a LOT of strain on your car as well...and it's hard making ends meet making $5/h. So think about THAT when you're tipping your driver next time.
    Anonymous

• It depends. Some pizza places pay their drivers well and it isn't expected that they get big tips. Other places don't pay well and tips are the driver's pay. It depends on how hard it is to deliver to you. If you live close and he can park in your driveway, that's easy. If he has to go up to your 14th floor apartment then he should get more. If the weather is bad then he should get more.

We didn't have a car for a couple of months. We ordered delivery when the weather was bad and gave the guy a big tip. He always remembered us and got our food to us fast and was very nice. That was a good thing since we were ordering out a lot.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• and juggalette...they do NOT get $1 for every food item they deliver...that is CRAP. My hubby works for Dominos....and they SUCK.
    Anonymous