What do you do when you have NO motivation to clean the house or do anything?

Is this a normal part of anyone elses PMS?

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 6:07 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have pms, pmdd and clinical depression....so take what you get and kick it up about 40 notches. Those days I fix the boys something easy for breakfast and lunch, then we usually do movie days. They both get to pick a movie and we just lay around and be lazy.
    But they also know that when I'm in the mood to clean....they had better be ready to help. lol
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 6:13 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I turn on some rockin fast tempo music, drink a cup of coffee, and dance around the house doing the easy stuff because I know if I do SOMETHING ill feel better than if I waste my day, even if its just something little.. Some days I still just waste my day.. but I have trouble sleeping on those days, and when my honey comes home he just doesn't seem as happy, and that kills me.. I think most people just have days like these, your not alone, but sometimes if you just dont give in to it, your day makes a turn for the better.. Good luck! God bless ♥
    ChristianMamaO3

Answer by ChristianMamaO3 at 6:26 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I turn on music! loretta lynn is my top motivator these days. I light a scented candle or inscent, and focus on one part of the house. if i'm not in the mood, as soon as I get goin I'm very motivated to get it done!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:34 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• oh man! I feelya! But when i get in that kindofa funk I try snapping out of it by doing something, anything. the more you sit around and don't do anything, the deeper into a depression you get. good luck :)
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 6:37 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I recently started working out, and it seems to be helping with my energy level. Before that, I had no motivation to do anything. I knew I had to do it, but I just could not find the energy to do it.

skymcr

Answer by skymcr at 7:28 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Then I don't clean the house or do anything.
    If I don't feel like cleaning, I don't clean. It's that simple.

I agree that working out does help my motivation level a lot. It boosts my energy and gets me into a better spirit to get things done. Same with beautiful weather and sunshine!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:42 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I wait until I get the motivation. Luckily my husband has a thing for cleaning up when I don't feel like it. :)
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 7:48 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• SLEEP! Whenever I have a nap, im totally ready to go when I get up...
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 8:23 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I don't do anything, it's not very effective but it's what i do.
    Anonymous

• When I don't feel like cleaning, I clean up just the stuff that can get nasty like throw out uneaten food. Then, I collapse on the couch and watch TV. Gotta have a break sometime! A great way to get motivated is to watch that show on A&E called "Hoarders." It's about people who don't throw away anything, and their houses are truly filthy. I ALWAYS clean the house after watching that show.
    flowrchild77

Answer by flowrchild77 at 10:10 AM on Apr. 7, 2010