Seaside Oregon?

Ladies. I trust your instincts. LOL
I'm headed to Seaside next weekend. What hotel would you recomend. DH reserved a room at the Hi Tide.
Also need to know what we can do at Seaside for entertainment and at Cannon Beach plus we'll be looking for Seafood. What are some good resturants that serve awesome seafood.

Any advice would be awesome.
Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Travel

• Oh I just lit up when I saw this.. I guess its kinda silly, Im in Southern cali now, but I grew up in Oregon and my fondest momories were at the beaches out there.. we hiked the tide pools in Arch cape and had a blast.. just do it as the tides going out or you'll get drenched and nervous lol.. I was younger, so I don't remember the names of the places we stayed at or ate at.. but there was a log cabbin looking place that had amazing fish and chips for all its worth..haha. And we rented a persons house that was right on the water in arch cape.. yellow finches everywhere.. so beautiful! Have fun for me! What a wonderful memory to share with your hubbie!♥
    ChristianMamaO3

Answer by ChristianMamaO3 at 6:19 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Main strip of Seaside has the trinket shops and restaurants and an arcade. At the end of the pier is an aquarium. There is a Shilo Inn at the end but I'm not aware of other accomodations in Seaside. Honestly, I'm not sure about good seafood there. In Cannon Beach JP's has fine dining on the main drag there. Can you stay in Cannon? So much more to do. Anyway, get good pastries at the Cannon Beach Bakery, coffee at Bella Espresso Cafe, best seafood is probably The Wayfarer or very nice is The Stephanie Inn but I wouldn't bother. Fultanos has good pizza and they'll deliver to the beach! Lumberyard is good pub food, Dooger's is okay, Driftwood Inn usually has decent seafood. People will say Mo's. I think it's just cheap food. Lazy Susan (cash only) is good for breakfast. Have fun, check out the rock and look for starfish!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:12 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• There is also a carousel that we have to take the kids to in Seaside every time we go. I can not give you advice on places to stay because we always stay in Astoria. We always have lots of fun. Cannon Beach has some great little shops that are so much fun to explore.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2010