Has anyone else been here?

I love my dh but have this guy I wanted in high-school, I've seen him a couple of times since and still want him. If I were ever by myself with him I know i could not be faithful. What did you do? Sorry if this is a repeat, I searched the questions and didn't see any help or answers.

ashlee84

Asked by ashlee84 at 6:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• ...It would have been. I have to tell you this, I was ALWAYS remembering my ex from jr high, my "first love". I remembered how cute he was, how we laughed, what his love notes said, how he kissed....and how we broke up and how I thought it TORE my heart out of my chest. I moved towns and never knew what ever happened to him as we grew up. Well, 15 years later, I found him on facebook and I sent him a friend request. After looking through photos and reading things he writes.....he's not what I remember at all. The looks faded, although he's still a cutie, but when I used to think about him, I used to think about how if we ever reconnected it would be a wave of memories and we would talk about the old days, blah blah blah....but we did reconnect and nothing like that happened. Why? Because we are both married, both have kids, and lives that are not what they were 15 yrs ago. Just remember things happen for a reason...always!
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 11:20 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Avoid the guy from high school. You are married and have kids to think of.

I'm in my 50s and I have never gotten over my high school boyfriend. You may always have feelings for him but he should no longer be part of your life. You have a different life now.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:13 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• ok, first you need to slow down your typing, i can hardly read what you typed. Secondly, stay away from him, and realize that you just may think this guy is awesome because you've never personaly dated him. Yes, you can be faithful, the fact that you're telling yourself you can't be, is the only thing holding you back..tell yourself "i love my husband enough to never cheat on him, even if i think i love this man".
    Anonymous

• If you KNOW that you could not be faithfull to your hubby around this guy...then you need to be honest with your DH because obviously you don't love him like you think you do...and I honestly think you should leave him, or he should leave you, because you do not deserve him.
    Anonymous

• *edit-you think he is awesome probably because you have never dated him
    Anonymous

• Fantasize about him. Do not act out with him. Stay with your husband.

Ok, that's what I did.
    Until I got divorced. Then I tried to contact him but he didn't respond at all. :(
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• dont get confused with love and lust,you love your husband so this other dude is pure lust.Dont you dare think for a second that lust has any value next to your marriege.you are a mom and wife and thats all you need to worry about.have you been unfaithful before? because i just cant see myself saying i know i would cheat unless ive done it plenty times before.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 6:16 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• you said you love your husband then STAY away from some old high school fling..god. you must not love him that much to want to be with another guy
    grow up & act like a wife
    Anonymous

• Avoid him like the plague and do some serious thinking about your commitment to your husband and what that means to you.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 6:20 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• You need to . ..grow up a bit IMO. You are married, you say you love your husband. .. prove it. Stay away from this man. . he is NOT worth it. .hes NOT worth destroying your family, tearing your husband to pieces over. .what? lust? an old high school infatuation? why throw away what you have over a fling? its not worth it.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 6:28 PM on Apr. 6, 2010