What should I do if my mirena iud falls out?

Ok its not actually me its a friend but her iud fell out. She has no pain and no bleeding but should we be conserned about anything??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Health

• call your/her doctor
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:31 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• i would go to the doctor
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 6:33 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• is she sure it actually fell out?
    If she thinks it fell out, I would tell her to see a doctor right away...
    Anonymous

• CALL THE DOCTOR GEEES
    Anonymous

• DUH CALL YOUR DOCTOR IF IT FELL OUT IT EITHER WASNT IN RIGHT OR IT WAS PUT IN TO SOON. TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT IT YOUR DOCTOR IS THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN GIVE U ADVICE. NOT ANYONE ON HERE SO DONT WASTE TIME COMING ON HERE FOR SOMETHING MEDICAL U SHOULD GET TO UR DOC ABOUT ASAP
    hotmami2ajae

Answer by hotmami2ajae at 8:18 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• you save it because it cost about 500 bucks and go get it put back in.... she isnt protected from sex without it even with the hormones that were in it...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:45 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I saved mine when it fell out. I took it to my doctor since I didn't know what the procedure would be. I didn't know if they'd check it for a defect or just re-insert it after sterilizing it, etc. They DO NOT re-insert it. It is trash, the doctor didn't seem interested in seeing it so there was no point in saving it. Long winded summary of what to do:

1. use a condom/back up protection from the second it happens
    2. see/call your doctor
    3. get a pregnancy test since you've probably put yourself in that risky situation
    4. if you want another Mirena then you'll have to buy another brand new one. Mirena will only replace for free if it falls out within the first 3 months. I think that's stupid since it's supposed to be good for 5 years, but my opinion doesn't matter much

Sometimes the Mirena falls out for unknown reasons. Sometimes removing a tampon that's too dry can remove it since the strings will get caught in it
    jpacq

Answer by jpacq at 4:37 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I would mine is falling out and I know for a fact that it is im going o the dr in the morn for mine im just so worried that I may be pregnant im feeling sick my back hurts I no the signs I have be is pregnant for 5 times but losted 2 so I have 3 kids my only girl she is pregnant now almost 2 months
    afh42

Answer by afh42 at 6:46 PM on May. 21, 2013