Can you answer without being rude?

I have a friend who has not been allowed to learn about her own body, because of her customs. We have been talking and I told her that she cannot get pregnant by holding hands with a man, as that is what she was taught growing up. A nice man was worried about her and touched her hand, so now she is scared.
So I am asking....can you tell me as nicely and as simply (without big scientific words) how a baby is made, and how you get pregnant. The more answers, the better. I will show her all your answers so be nice!
Also, I have been trying to find a really simple website, but not having much luck. If you know of one, that would be great!!!

christyg

Asked by christyg at 6:38 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Health

• I'd suggest getting a book with pictures in it. The type they "allow" young girls to read. That should be nice and simple, with diagrams, etc. Your friend may not even understand the names of body parts....so saying the penis goes into the vagina may mean nothing to her.
    Anonymous

• She lives halfway across the world, so I cant give her a book...Yes, she knows the names of body parts!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 6:41 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Then just explain it to her like you would to a young girl, about protection and ejaculation and how actual penetration doesn't have to occur for sperm to reach and fertilize and egg. Stuff like that so that she is educated and know how to protect herself properly
    Anonymous

• i'll try: When a man and women who are married love each other and want to have kids they have sex. Sex or intercourse is when a mans penis goes into a womens vigina. Eventually, after the man has thrusted his penis inside the vigina for awhile his penis squirts or sprays spurm, it's also called cum. He then exists the women's vigina. The sperm, now inside the womens body, swims around and finds the egg, only one sperm will enter a womens egg, and once the sperm has entered into the egg, the egg attaches itself inside the uterus,(sorry, that's a hard one not to say) and then you have a baby that starts to grow.
    Anonymous

• thank you anon 6:47
    anyone else want to try?
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 6:53 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• A baby can only be concieved (made) by sex...when a man puts his penis (private parts) inside a woman......not by holding hands!!!
    Anonymous

• can one just refer her to a doctor? otherwise, explain what a man's penis does and how it functions and then explain a woman's parts. mix the two, get a baby.
    Anonymous

• Can I just ask, how old is this person and how sensitive do we have to be with our wording?
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 7:03 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• You know how babies are made, so just explain it to her.
    Whattoexpect.com is a good website to show her.

Just tell her that when two people have intercourse (explain that if you need to) a man injects sperm into her vagina. The Sperm then goes inside the egg, which fertilizes it. Causing the baby to grow.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:23 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• She is a young adult...Yes, I told her already and explained it in great detail. ~ She wants to trust me, but she is still scared since that man touched her hand. She is muslim, and if she gets pregnant while away from her husband, her family will literally kill her, so she is still scared. She believes me, but has been told for her whole life that you get pregnant when a man holds you hand, and is having a hard time trusting me completely.
    I am hoping that a lot of women saying the same thing will help her feel better.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 7:48 PM on Apr. 6, 2010