Just moved to arizona and hate the taste of the water here. Any one else agree?

I recently moved to Arizona from Colorado and hate hate the taste of the water here. It taste dirty. I live in Chandler AZ and no matter where I am it all taste the same. For a while there drinking it made my stomach hurt. I went from drinking 4-5 pints of water a day to about 1 a day because the water is just gross. We got a water filter but it still taste bad. I dont want to buy plastic water bottles. Does anyone agree with me that the water here is gross? I really enjoy drinking water but just cant seem to drink this one. Does anyone have a water cooler at home, do you recommend one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Food & Drink

• If your water is soft, then soap, shampoo and toothpaste will have much more lather than in hard water and it will be a lot easierto rinse out.  If your water is hard then you will get mineral deposits on appliances like a kettle.  I knew my water softener wasn't working properly when my glasses came out of the dishwasher looking cloudy,  Now that it is working again the glasses are clear.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:41 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Ugh! I hate that! The water where I live is great, but the next town over uses a different water source and has a different water treatment plant, the water taste terrible there. My mom and sister both live there and I hate the water, so I bring my own. I would have to buy water. I would get a five gallon water cooler and use that. It isn't too expensive.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:27 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• BTW...what part of Colorado did you live in? I am in CO :)
    SleepingBeautee

• Do not drink AZ water from tap, it's gross. I've lived here all my life. Drink filtered water only!
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 7:33 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I don't live there but I have dealt with horrible tasting water before. I loved the Crystal Mountain water cooler. I think we paid $5 per 5 gallon bottle of water, and had 3 bottles a week delivered. I think, if I remember correctly, they do have a cooler that does both hot and cold water. We loved having ours, and it was not too expensive either.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:19 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Do you know if your water is hard or soft?  Soft water tastes horrible but it is wonderful for your skin and hair.  Hard water tastes good but it is a lot harder on your skin and appliances.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• No I dont know if its hard or soft. I had no idea there was such a thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

It's the mineral content in the water that makes it hard or soft.  Generally if your water source is deep (like a lake) you will have soft water but if it is shallow (like a river) you will have hard water.   I have hard water and a water softener hooked up to the hot water only.  I had my water tested a couple of weeks ago because I suspected our softener wasn't working properly and it tested at 19 grains of hardness.  Now that it has been repaired, my water is testing at 3 grains of hardness. 

beeky

• I found this on google.  It explains the difference between hard and soft water better than I can lol.

http://chemistry.about.com/cs/howthingswork/a/aa082403a.htm

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:34 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:48 AM on Apr. 7, 2010