i think i lost a tampon

i just started using tampons they always freaked me out and my period has gotten ligher since it started so i am not sure if i just didnt put another tampon in when i took the last one out i cant remember. BUT a little while ago "i need to take out my tampon" popped into my head. so i went to do it and there wasnt a string i dont know if i just didnt put one in or what is going on. i am freaking out! can that even happen like put one in but not be able to find it later lol. when will i be able to tell or will i just not know or what the hell is gonna happen

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Health

• If you reach up in there and you feel nothing then it is not there. If you are still worried then go to the ER and tell them you lost your tampon in you
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:39 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• well, in my non medical opinion, I would reach deep into and see if you can feel something. if you can't but you still think one is in there, I would just ask your husband to take a look-
    but as far as 'loosing' a tampon, it would have to go into your cervix for it to get to where you truly couldn't reach it.
    Anonymous

• Feel for it. If you can't find it, call your doctor's office. If it's already after hours, call the number for the doctor on call and ask for advice. This is not and emergency to go clog the ER with.

Anonymous

• Reach and there and feel around. I've never lost a tampon, but I've accidentally put two in. Forgot to take it out before i put a new one in, didn't realize till I woke up in the morning I had two strings.
    Anonymous

• Once my DH "found" one in me yrs. ago while we had sex...."it feels weird, like something's there" he said...I went to bathroom, and one was left way up in me.....
    I could feel it when I was looking for it, so I would think, if you don't feel one; you're probably just freakin' yourself out, for no reason.
    But if you're still unsure...just have your DH poke around for it - litterally speaking. LOL!
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 8:30 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Sorry, but how the hell do you no know if you have a tampon in or not?! Can't you feel it? And how did your husband "find" one in there during sex?! Holy shit?!
    Anonymous

• i read a story in cosmo like 20 years ago about a woman who lost or forgot about a tampon, and her ob found it. if you can't feel around or find anything yourself, then i would go to the ob...just to be sure. it is probably not good for you to leave it in there very long.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:40 AM on Apr. 7, 2010