From 1-10 how bad does it hurt to give birth?

and what does it feel like? does it feel like your dying, or gonna pass out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• 10 and dying and worth it all
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 7:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• 16. I was wishing to pass out, but it won't happen. It's worth it and in the end you don't remember the pain. Just something women have to go through :)
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 8:00 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I had an epidural so I would rate the pain a 1. It really wasn't bad. A few of my friends didn't have epidurals and didn't think it was that bad either.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 8:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• For me the labor was WAY worse than the pushing. I had an epidural and I'd say the labor pain was a 7 or 8. The pushing pain 4... and my kid was 9 lbs 13 oz. It feels like a big poop :) If you push like you have to poop, then baby should come out fine.

I will say though, get snipped! I was not and I tore big time and now 2 years later I am still having issues because of it! Good luck mommy, it's all SOOOOOO worth it!
    cschwanger

Answer by cschwanger at 8:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Wasn't that bad for me. I didn't feel like I was dying or gonna pass out. My MIL even was mad because I didn't even look that much in pain. Even tho the Epi wore off before I was pushing it was still not that bad.
    I'd say maybe 7 OR 8
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Well with an epidural you just feel like you have to poop. YOu just feel the pressure. Without an epidural you still get that 'need to poop' feeling, but with the contractions on top of it. Which in my case hurt so bad I couldn't talk or hardly caught my breath. For my first one the epidural didn't work so I had the joy of REAL labor. My contractions were so bad I found it difficult to go from pushing to calming down. Not to mention I could feel myself tear!! For my second the epidural worked like a charm! All I felt for that one was the need to poo and the pressure. It was heaven :)
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 8:02 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• This is tricky because everyone perceives pain differently (especially depending on what pain they've already experienced). I would probably put it at a 6 or 7...but that's with having a relatively more painful experience (kidney stone) that changes my personal view on it.

The kidney stone did get me to a pain level where my body was going into shock (that's the passing out, or feeling like your body is just shutting down thing). Labor hurt a lot, but didn't get near that.

This is going to sound like weird comfort, but when you actually reach shock, your body stops letting you feel any increased level of pain. There's basically a max level of pain your body will ever let you feel. Having reached that, I can say as bad as that was, it wasn't half as bad as the pain my mind was capable of imagining.

What I mean is our imagination is much worse than the actual max pain we can ever really feel.
    Anonymous

• Much less painful than I expected.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:06 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I wanted to die. My baby was posterior so the pain was more intense....plus my epidural didn't take so I felt everything.
    Anonymous

• Yes, labor is the painful part, the pushing is uncomfortable and weird feeling, but also VERY rewarding - you can feel you are getting stuff done (:

Labor was a 9 - pushing was a 3.
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 8:15 PM on Apr. 6, 2010