just got offered a job as a census enumerator....

Just got offered the job, I start training on 04/26-04/30. Has anyone ever done this? what's the pay like? I know it's temporary but do they ever offer permanent and does this experience help. I got laid off so I'm jobless thought it could be easy $$. Just want to make sure it's not stressful. Want to hear from people that have done this job, what was your experience like? pay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• I did the training last time around but quit. Remember you are only dealing with people who don't want to answer in the first place or don't understand english. I thought it would be too stressful.
    Anonymous

• Is the training hard?
    Anonymous

• No you just have to show up. The training is easy money. They also pick someone out of the group to lead. You would meet your team at a public place, like McDonalds, since you don't have an office. You would give them their maps and assignments and then meet with them all at the end of the day to collect them. I would go for that. But really they just ask who wants to do that job at pick a person. It's not like you need to show any special leadership skill.
    Anonymous

• I'm training next week for team leader. Pay varies per location. Here it is $14/hr. team leader is $15.50/hr. Team leader has a lot of responsibilities including leading the training for the enumerators, coordinating groups, assigning jobs & approving payroll.

I did the address canvassing last year. It was easy money. There is not set hours. However, they do expect you to work 40 hrs per week or you run the risk of being replaced.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:33 AM on Apr. 7, 2010