Going #2 in the potty help?

DD is 2 and has done awesome with going pee in the potty! I only have diapers on her at night now, she is going out in panties and everything ! I am so proud. The only issue is going #2.
She won't poop in the potty and doesn't want to make an accident in her "big girl" panties, so she holds it in! And she gets constipated and it hurts her to the point she is screaming!
It is not her diet making her constipated, she is almost on a 100% veggie and fruit diet, it is hard to get her to eat anything but strawberries, apples, oranges, celery and carrots!
It's just her fear of going #2 on the potty!
What can I do?

isra1986

Asked by isra1986 at 8:02 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If she is under 2 she wasn't ready developmentally to potty train and this is the result. The hard stools can cause damage to her anus. I would put diapers back on her and hope she will start going in the diapers again and that's the end of the problems.

In the 50's mothers thought they potty trained their babies before they were 1. What they did was put the baby on the potty at scheduled times and also watch for sign the baby might be ready to 'go'. Some moms even use that method. It's not so much the baby is trained but the mom is trained.

That may be part of what was going on with you and your daughter. You may have been in tune with her and it may have been in tune with when she needed to pee. It may be more you than her potty trained.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:18 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• No, she tells me when she has to go. I didn't start with her until she started showing interest in going.
    I really don't want to go back to diapers because she is doing so well with this, she doesn't like diapers and even in the first few weeks when I would put her in diapers, she wouldn't go in them, she would tell me she had to pee and hold it until she was on the toilet.
    In the 3 weeks she has been potty trained, she has had 1 accident and that was when she was sick and had a 105 temp making her tired!
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 8:25 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I WUD REWARD HER FOR USING THE POTTY THAT HELPED OUR SON ALOT WE GOT HIM FRUIT SNACKS AND HE IS DOING AWESOME BUT HES 3 LOL
    JUST TELL HER IF SHE STINKYS IN POTTY SHE WILL GET A PRIZE AT 1ST MY SON HAD TOO USE HIS LIL POTTY NOW HE IS USING OURS .. DOES SHE HAVE SOMETHING TOO OUT ON THE TOLIET WHERE SHE DONT FEEL LIKE SHE FALLING IN THEY HAVE THESE POTTY SEATS U PUT ON THE TOLIET IN DINSEY CHARTERS LET HER PICK ONE OUT FOR HERSELF
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 8:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2010