sibling bed? what do you think?

My girls are only 15 months apart and share a room (crib and twin bed). Right now the youngest is only 19 months, so I wouldn't do this yet... but what do you think about them sharing a bed -- like a queen size? I know a lot of people do bunk beds but what are your opinions on the sibling bed? I would think it could make some of the toddler fears, trying-to-climb-into-mom's-bed less of an issue, could make them closer, could save space, keep them warm... but I don't actually know anyone who does this? In this culture at least. Is there a reason NOT to?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• There's no reason not to.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:30 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• well, on one occasion my older sister woke up with my legs on her neck. We didn't usually share a bed. It might just be uncomfortable for them.
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 8:33 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• My sister and I shared a bed until I was in the 7th grade....when we moved into an apartment and my grandma bought us bunk beds. We never minded and were use to it. We had never known any different.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 8:35 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I have a boy and a girl 3 and 2 and they share a twin bed, i dont know why its twin bunkbeds but they like to sleep in the same bed they both fit one in each end tho.. and they love it but they have always been super close..
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 8:42 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• my stepkids 5 and 7 shared a twin bed(bunk). They had always slept together on the bottom bunk. Dh and I married in August, moved to a new house. I could tell the younger was not sleeping well due to the older pushing her off the bed. The now sleep in same room with the bunk beds separated. The love being in the same room and while younger loved sleeping in the same bed. IF you put them in a single bed, at least do a full size or queen.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 9:03 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• No problem as long as it is same sex. Only issue we'd have here with my daughter sharing a bed...she bruises everyone that she shares a bed with (choir trips).....she kicks and moves around so much that it is deadly to those that share a bed with her.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:39 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• my boys are 5 and 6 and share a bed. they have always had their own beds, but have mostly always shared. i think its sweet.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:11 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• When my kids come to my house, they share my bed. It's a huge king size so there is plenty of room for all three of them.
    I am getting them their own beds soon. The girls can always share a bed. My son will have his own though.
    I see nothing wrong with them sharing a bed.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 1:46 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I shared a bed with my sis when we were younger, at times. Sometimes because that's the bed we had, and sometimes because we liked to. We are 19 months apart. I ♥ my sis.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:27 PM on Apr. 8, 2010