How can I help her sleep in underwear? She won't take no for an answer!

Ugh, my poor, sweet daughter. She's almost 3. She has been potty trained during the day since 19 months. But she's one of those kids whose body just does not register "need-to-potty" while she's sleeping. She wets during most naps and very much at night. We've just kept her in pull-ups for sleep, I didn't see any reason not to. Well, now her little sister is 19 months and is in underwear around the clock. She stays dry for long naps and overnight, no problems. But of course, big sister thinks she needs underwear, too! I've been giving her the option for naps and she usually chooses underwear even though almost every time she falls asleep (she doesn't nap every day), she wets. But she keeps choosing it. And now it's nights, too. Last night we tried waking her at 10 pm and she was already wet and still sleeping soundly. Is there anything I should do? I just can't see saying no to letting her try, but... Help please!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Put pull-ups on the younger sister too. Try to avoid using words like big girl pants.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:39 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I agree with Gailll. It is not going to stop the younger one from staying dry. Some kids bladders take longer to develop that I have to pee feeling. She will get it, but maybe not for a while.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:42 PM on Apr. 6, 2010