Can I really go without?

I'm just getting out of a long term relationship and I really want to do things right. I look back and from the time I started having sex, I've never gone more than 3 months without sex. I may have good intentions, but I never have had the will power. Even now, I'm already thinking of getting ex in bed. I just don't want to put myself through the emotional aspects of sex or anyone else for that matter. I'm tired of crappy failed relationships, even though this last one was my best ever. Is it reasonable to expect a man to wait until your married if you already have been and have a child? I think that's really the only way I'm going to find a man that's going to hang on through good and bad, plus I think it would be a fantastic way to start a marriage. I'm not ready to date yet either, I want to get my head clear first, and I don't want to fall into old habits. Any suggestions to stay vertical?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• healthyandactive.com
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:47 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I don't know. The longest I went without was 1.5 years. Since I had my oldest the couple of guys I have had sex with have been ones that I wouldn't mind being a stepdad to him. My current boyfriend is one of those guys. I ended up getting pregnant the first time me and him had sex.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 9:08 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I went 15 YRS without. It's a do-able thing. I only recently got back into the swing of things. Personally I don't think you have to give it up if you don't want to, just be safe. I went out with several guys and then met SO. We were in the sack in about 20 min after meeting and been together ever since. You try on shoes before you buy don't you? Well then, it's the same concept. Just know you are in control of your life. Do or don't do, it's up to you.
    Anonymous

• Totally reasonable to ask a guy to wait until marriage - no matter what your situation.

I'll just add you'll have better luck finding a guy that shares that same goal if you look amongst the religious crowd...and it's much easier to do when you're dating a guy that shares the goal.

Before you get into dating at all though, think about why you want to have sex even with a useless ex or unhealthy relationship. A lot of gals attach their personal self-esteems to whether or not they can get a guys physical attention...if that sounds like you, then learning how to feel good and confident about yourself while being single would be a really good idea.

Good luck
    Anonymous