working out 1 hour a day vs every other day?

someone just posted that working out 30 minutes a day isn't enough. I don't think that with my situation working out every single day is going to work. That and I'm trying to come up with something I can stick to. Not just until I loose the weight I want to lose, but I'm trying to improve my overall quality of life.

Does anyone know if it's ok to work out something like 1 hour every other day instead of 30 minutes a day?
I like to concentrate on weights.
could use some advice!

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 8:38 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• not sure about every other day...I do it every day with the 7th day off. It is a part of my daily life.....I am doing the p90x program and love it!!!!
    Anonymous

• Hey woman, 1 hour every other day is FABULOUS! I like to work out for one hour every day, but some days come along where it isn't feasible. Should I not work out because it isn't one full hour? Of course not! Something is ALWAYS better than nothing. Especially if you are working out for a full hour, your body probably needs that rest the next day for your muscles to recover. You're doing great! Just trust yourself and how your body feels. Good luck and congrats for your healthy ambitions!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:24 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• after my twins i would work out a minimum of 1 hour every day...for 6-10 days, then would be backed up on housework, and take 6-10 days off to catch up. i really love going to the gym, and it would have made more sense for me to go every other day...my point is that i still reaped the benefits even though it was not 1 hour a day. 1 hr every other day will be great! i understand loving the weights, but you should try some cardio as well, your heart is a muscle too!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:08 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Hey Mama, it depends on what kind of results you're looking for. If you just want to be generally healthy...1hr every other day is probably just fine. If you're looking to lose major weight or get really fit, it's probably not going to be enough. In the beginning it might be fine but eventually you'll have to ramp it up. I'm a Coach with Beachbody- we aren't experts but we can help you get set up on a program that works for you according the goals you're trying to reach. Then we help you stay motivated & stick to the program. I'd be happy to Coach you for free. Send me a message if you're interested :) Best wishes!
    ammil87

Answer by ammil87 at 10:47 PM on Apr. 8, 2010