I'm a new parent and i am wondering when should i start potty training my daughter i am hearing 2 different stories?

YoungMommy10

Asked by YoungMommy10 at 8:41 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When she shows signs of being ready.
    Anonymous

• i also want to know this.. my son is a little over two but i don't see any signs.

tell me some signs?
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 10:04 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Wait until they are ready to start this could be at 3 years it could be a little later.. it'll be much easier if they want to. Some signs of readiness are : has bowel movements that are pretty predictable, can hold his/her bladder for 3 or more hours, can sit quietly for 2-5 min, Can pull his pants up and down, Dislikes the feeling of wearing a wet or dirty diaper, Shows interest in others' bathroom habits (wants to watch you go to the bathroom or wear underwear), Gives a physical or verbal sign when he's having a bowel movement such as grunting, squatting, or telling you, Demonstrates a desire for independence, Isn't resistant to learning to use the toilet, Is in a generally cooperative stage, not a negative or contrary one, Can follow simple instructions, such as "go get the toy.", has words for "poop" and "pee", can tell you when he/she feels like he/she needs to go potty

alinker

Answer by alinker at 12:31 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Girls generally can potty train at 21/2 for some reason boys do a better later, like 3. I don't know why this is, but from everyone I talk to girls are just easier.
    MILFInProgress

Answer by MILFInProgress at 12:47 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• my grandma (had 13 kids) said they are ready when they wake up dry. i think they should be able to pull their pants up and down by themselves too. i just read that being uncomfortable in a dirty diaper is also a sign.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:04 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• my son is 21 months old and he is potty training and doing really good with it. i just took him to the bathroom with me everytime i went and said mommy has to go pee or whatever lol and then i would set him up there and and now he is going to the bathroom and peeing & pooping on his own
    Anonymous