so the pope gave an apology {{{not a debate}}}} information only!!!

Does anyone have a link that talks about this?

If you have the link that says the pope covered up molestation that would also be great. The only link I can find is where the pope allowed a priest to stay in a place while he got help.

no

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• He only apologized because he was granted immunity. IMO he knows more than what he is admitting and should not have been granted anything. I think the hierarchy of the Catholic leadership needs to overhauled. The Pope should have someone over him to be held accountable and no I don't mean God.

Anonymous

Not what I asked but thanks for the slander.
    Anonymous

• Here's a news article about it: "In an unusual Vatican document, Pope Benedict has issued a heartfelt personal apology to the people of Ireland and to thousands of victims of sexual abuse in past decades by Roman Catholic priests there."...."You have suffered grievously and I am truly sorry," Pope Benedict wrote."

eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 9:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• He only apologized because he was granted immunity.

Granted immunity by who and why?  The pope is not just the leader of the Catholic Church, he's also the leader of Vatican City - a soverign city-state.  Vatican has it's own laws and diplomatic ties to countries - it's not that some other country could come in and arrest the pope any more than the US could go in and arrest the Prime Minister of Canada.  The pope apologized because he was sorry.

eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 9:25 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• thank you eringobrough, can you give me a news article or any article as to why the pope is being blamed for this latest cases being revealed.
    Anonymous

• Slander!?! He Knew about the abuse going on. Oh my God ladies stop covering up for his crimes and advocate for the rights of victims. I have lost all faith in the catholic church and you all defending a someone who knows what went on is sick. shame on you.
    Anonymous

• Here is a press release I found.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/vaticancityandholysee/7489455/Popes-apology-You-have-suffered-grievously-and-I-am-truly-sorry.html

Those arguing about it she asked not to I have some opinions to but will restrain them for my own post or another one that is in reference.
    Anonymous

• who wants want o be affiliated with any organization/religion that covers up the SEXUAL abuse of 200 DEAF Children? NOT I...
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 10:13 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• According to this article when the pope was an archbishop of a diocese in Germany he approved a transfer of a priest acused of abusing children to therpy.  There was an article in the NY times about how the Vatican declined to defrock a priest who abused boys.  This article explains that response.   

eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 10:16 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

__

then don't join the church but please let real answers be given.
    Anonymous