Have you ever...

sat down at a new restaurant, looked at the menu and the prices and got up and left? We did. We have never eaten at Red Lobster, and we won't. They are outrageously expensive. We left, and I was both glad we did, and embarrassed. I would have been really upset paying near $100 for dinner for the 5 of us.

Raine2001

Asked by Raine2001 at 8:51 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would be embarrassed too,...but I would feel better with that extra money in my pocket lol
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 8:53 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I like when restaurants have the menu online or posted outside the door so you can look at it before you go in. I always check online to see if there is anything on the menu I would really eat.  For instance... Red Robin, I found that there is nothing there that would interest me.  :)

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 8:54 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Red lobster is really good though. No, I havent ever done that before. I always look up the menu on the internet to make sure. If the place doesnt have the prices posted on the net then I dont go. It means its way tooo expensive lol
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 8:57 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I only go to the pricier places, like Red Lobster, when I have a gift card. They aren't THAT BAD, but more than an Applebees or Chili's.

Anonymous

• I thought I had seen a commercial that there was a special for steak and lobster for $14.99. But no, not there. I wanted to try lobster, but not for $24.99, which was what it WAS on special for. We went down the road to Outback. It was on special there for $14.99. I didn't like the lobster. But they DO have REALLY good frozen margaritas, and they were on special, too. I had 2 :)
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:58 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Not because of expense...but because we walked in a restaurant we'd never been to before and nothing looked good on the menu. Red Lobster usually runs my family of 4 about $50 (but that's only 2 adults eating, 2 kids). We don't eat at the one in our town anymore because the food is generally not that great, so you didn't miss anything, if they are all alike..overcooked shrimp and lobster (to the point of being chewy), frozen fried food that they toss in a fryer...and SALTY...nothing special, you could go to walmart find fresh fish for cheaper and make their dishes on your own.

Anonymous

• We've walked out of a restaurant because of bad service (never after ordering).
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:02 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• lol.. can't say I have.. but I would check out prices first.
    damn! I am staying away from red lobster!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 9:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Most times I go to a restaurantI don't have to pay. My sister pays and she doesn't really care about price. I look for some of the cheapest things on the menu. We usually go to Joe's crab shack or Chili's. She doesn't like Red Lobster. At least I don't think she does. Last time I remember going was when I was 14. That was 13 years ago. I don't think I have every walked out of a restaurant. Though I might if I saw outrageous prices.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 9:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• It may have been more then that. It was 2 adults, 3 kids. So, not $20 each. The kids would have been less. $100 would have been too much for us. LOL, we are staying away from Red Lobster, too! Not our type of place.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:20 PM on Apr. 6, 2010