Do you agree with Tom Coburn?

Tom Coburn wants his constituents to get a more fair and balanced view of politics — even if that means hating a bit on FOX and loving a little on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

“What we have to have is make sure we have a debate in this country so that you can see what’s going on and make a determination yourself,” the Oklahoma senator said in remarks to a home-state town hall meeting March 31 that were first reported by Capitol News Connection. “So don’t catch yourself being biased by FOX News that somebody is no good. The people in Washington are good. They just don’t know what they don’t know.”

In particular, Coburn took FOX to task for perpetuating the notion that Americans will be imprisoned for failing to purchase health insurance under the new law.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0410/35446.html#ixzz0kN5ojrjO

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 8:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The thing that these politicians don't like about Fox News is that they tell the rest of the story kind of like Paul Harvey. They tell the part the politicians don't want us to know or consider. I appreciate Fox for telling it all and letting me decide what I can put up with and what I can't. I can't make that type of informed decision if I don't know everything. ABC, NBC, and CBS actually do have biased reporting, but these people really like that because the bias is in their direction so the reporting is favorable. Fox always has people on from both sides of the argument. The discussion will go where it goes, and I form my opinion. They don't hide their opinion, but I don't base mine on theirs. It's just like Beck tonight. He didn't say people said; he played their words and let the chips fall where they may. Just present the facts. I will do the rest.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:16 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• The thing that these politicians don't like about Fox News is that they tell the rest of the story

laughing

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:27 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

and that has been a proven fact many times over. Aren't we still waiting on pmsnbc to report on climategate?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:32 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• That's what I like about FOX is they give you both sides. All the others give you the good side of dems & the bad side of Rep. Fox gives you the good and bad of both parties. The dems don't like a station that gives you both sides. They only want to here the Rosie dem side where they get a tingle up their leg.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 9:53 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I was so surprised a couple years ago when I watched a FOX news program. There was so much more that they presented that were nowhere on the alphabet channels. I tested this theory many times over that summer, only to find that if I wanted to know all the facts, I had to watch FOX. There is so much that is ignored by the other stations. I don't care what the anchors think, I want to know the facts about the situation, and I find it disturbing when a news channel leaves half the story out, or ignores it altogether. That is NOT journalism.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:09 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• The funny thing is every time a politician says "don't watch this channel, or listen to that political pundit" the ratings of the folks they tell them not to listen to always go up.
    Anonymous

• That's the only reason why I started watching FOX. I was overseas and had intimate details on several events that took place and then watched how CNN would leave many pertinent details out about these same events and even slant the story. It was amazing and sad after I started really concentrating on the other news stations to see how "off" they were. Many just follow the New York Time and the LA Times' leads.....and those that are intelligent know what their agenda is. FOX may sway at times but I am 100% sure that I will get a better report from FOX then the other news media combined!
    pvtjokerus

Answer by pvtjokerus at 1:23 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• They just don't know what they don't know???? Lovin Pelosi?
    I think not. I'm sure that went over well.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:10 AM on Apr. 7, 2010