Anyone have an alternative birth?

Home birth? Water birth?

I also saw something once on a birth that actually feels good - sounds crazy to me though...

Sara.Robyson

Asked by Sara.Robyson at 9:15 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had a med free birth , but it didn't feel good until she came out.. lol

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 9:21 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Everyone told me that when I was pregnant with my first, that as soon as my child came out, and I saw her...ALL the pain would go away...and I didn't believe them...and HOLY CRAP...literally the SECOND she was out of me, I was like in NO pain at all...it is by far the most amazing experience anyone could ever have...
    Anonymous

• I had a home waterbirth, though I did not get the full benefit of the warm water because my tub was small and I did not have time to set up the pool.
    Anonymous

• I only had a med free birth. And it's true..just grit your teeth and bare it...it will be over quick and really does stop hurting the very second they are born.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:09 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I had a med free hospital birth with my first, and a homebirth with my second. It is amazing, even the pain amazed me because it is like nothing I have ever felt. I have not experienced an "orgasmic" birth though, but they do happen. Check out the documentary, Orgasmic Birth.

squish

Answer by squish at 4:08 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• 3/4 of my births were home births, they were all natural and non medicated. i never did a water birth b/c i didn't want the extra job of setting up the pool. when we went house shopping last time, i was looking for a big soaker tub, but it didn't work out for us. for me, labor and birth were not painful.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:01 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I had a home water birth. Had a water birth tub set up in my living room and was watching Labyrinth while I was in labor. My labor wasn't terribly painful, and that was even with back labor. I just basically rode it out and let my body do what it needed to do. I didn't even push, I just sat there and my body did it all for me. Had an 8lb 5oz baby in my living room.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 11:03 AM on Apr. 7, 2010