need some help...pls read

my dad lives in africa,and he wants to buy a house .put the down payement and have me stay in there and paye the mortgage...he doesnt want to put it in my name bc i m married and my husband and i have a lot of problems and we think there will be a divorce soon,and in this case im gonna have to share the house with him,so if my dad buys the house if i do get a divorce i want have to give the house to my husband bc my dad is putting a lot of money down.what do u advice me?can he buy it?can he add me without my husband?if i do get a divorce do i still have to share it with my husband>what would you advice me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Put the house in your dads name only. If your name is on it, it'll be in the divorce. Your husband will have to move out, but good luck getting him out. It takes time to find an apartment and he'll need money for a deposit, etc. Can you afford the mortgage on your own? If I were you, I'd sit tight until I could see where the relationship is going. If it's splitsville, still get dad to buy a house and you move in without him. If it gets better, still have dad buy the house, and you move in together. Either way you're covered in a divorce and there's less chance of having to fight just to get him out.
    Anonymous

• Put it all in your dad's name.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:37 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• put everything in your dad's name. If you do get a divorce, once everything is settled, you can have the deed switched over to your name.
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 1:40 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Keep it in your dad's name, I bought a house before my first marriage and had it in my dad's name because it was on his property, my ex husband couldn't touch it in our divorce (and boy did he try) because my name was never on it, it was still mine(still is actually), but it was safe because as far as the lawyers were concerned, it belonged to my dad.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 5:45 AM on Apr. 7, 2010