Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can you please help me

my dad lives in africa,and he wants to buy a house .put the down payement and have me stay in there and paye the mortgage...he doesnt want to put it in my name bc i m married and my husband and i have a lot of problems and we think there will be a divorce soon,and in this case im gonna have to share the house with him,so if my dad buys the house if i do get a divorce i want have to give the house to my husband bc my dad is putting a lot of money down.what do u advice me?can he buy it?can he add me without my husband?if i do get a divorce do i still have to share it with my husband>what would you advice me?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Home & Garden

Answers (1)
  • he can be renting it to you guys, and nothing will happen. He will remain the owner and your rent will go towards paying the house payments. if you do get a divorce, your husband will have niether you or your husband will have claim to the will be where you will be residing, but that's it. If your dad wants to give it to you later after all the divorce stuff is over with then he can do that.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.