What's the name of the tea that helps your milk come in? Also when is it ok to start drinking?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• don't know the name, but don't drink it until after you've given birth. you run the risk of pre term labor if you drink it and pump.
    Anonymous

• I DRANK IT BEFORE, NO PROBLEMS ITS CALLED mOTHERS mILK.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 9:22 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Mothers Milk Tea. I drank it after i had my appendix removed and my supply got low. I notices an increase in my supply the next day. I had a hard time finding it, but finally got it at a health food and supplement store
    landons.mama

Answer by landons.mama at 9:23 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• back when I was nursing there was Mother's Milk Tea and Fenugreek tea. I think the second has been taken from the market though.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:26 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• http://www.breastfeeding.com/all_about/fenugreek/all_about_fenugreek1.html

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:27 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• The Fenugreek pills work best. I hated drinking the tea. It did not taste very good.
    lawmom27

Answer by lawmom27 at 9:31 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• beer. seriously. real (not fast cook) oatmeal. anything with that kinds of grains will help amazingly. i can only really stand that kind of food (i call it horse food) in cereal so i ate tons of that and pulled about 4 oz per side every 4 hours pumping. try whole grains. i have heard the teas and pills make you smell weird!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:47 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• you dont need the tea unless you actually have supply issues. also the tea doest make your milk come in.it helps if your supply is bad
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 9:51 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Fenugreek is good but the tea is awful, get the pills.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:03 PM on Apr. 6, 2010