how much should a 7 month old weight

dgaflette

Asked by dgaflette at 9:21 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it's weigh.
    But it all depends on your child.
    Here's a link, I don't know how to make it clickable so you'll have to copy and paste...hope this helps..

http://pediatrics.about.com/cs/usefultools/l/bl_percentiles.htm
    Anonymous

• I don't go by those though...it says my daughter is in the 4th percentile for weight, and 13th percentile for height, which means she is pretty underweight...BUT..shes short, and very petite...and she's healthy...so there is no certain weight your child should be at a certain age...as long as they are healthy...it doesn't matter if they are what society decides is "normal" at least you shouldn't care..
    Anonymous

• It depends on the child, but look at the percentile charts. I mean, my daughter is 7 months old and she weighs 19 and a half pounds and is 30 inches. she was 7 lbs 1oz and 20 and a half inches when she was born. Babies go through growing spurts. My daughter was on the low scale for her first 3 months. She was projectile vomiting and has acid reflux. Then all of the sudden, she stopped vomiting, and started gaining alot of weight. Now she is pleasantly plump, and eats alot. Each baby is different. I met another mom at the doctors office and her daugher was the same size as my daughter and hers was 15 months. I hope this helps. Wish you the best.
    Sillybillymel

Answer by Sillybillymel at 10:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Babies should gain about 1-1.5 pounds a month. Silly's baby weighs 19.5 pounds and was 7 at birth so that is a gain of 12.5 pounds.  So that's about 1.7 pounds a month. A 7 pound baby may only weigh 14 pounds at 7 months.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:44 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• My daughter was 7 lbs, 3 oz at birth. At her 6 month appointment she weighed 17 lbs, 13 oz. She is 7.5 months old now, so she is probably roughly 18, 18.5 lbs.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:10 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• My 8 lb baby was only 14 lbs at 7 months old and was perfectly healthy and I've known other babies who were probably 25 lbs by that age and also healthy, so it all depends on the baby.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 12:14 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• It really depends on the baby and how they grow. My daughter and son were both VERY tall babies. They both were the size of most 2 year olds around 7 months. MY son was around 30 lbs at 7 months and my daughter was about 24 lbs at 7 months.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:53 AM on Apr. 7, 2010