Coughing till I vomit?What the heck is going on?

I'm not sick. I don't feel sick.I have no fever or anything.But these past few days I get into a coughing fit and I can't stop and I end up vomiting! No, I do not smoke and I never have.
Its just weird. What is going on? Has anyone been through this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Health

• I'm going through this and i'm pregnant, but I've gone through it even though I wasn't preggo. I think all the coughing catches your gag reflex and that's why you gag and/or throw up.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 9:26 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Yeah, I'm pregnant too...this is my third child and I've never experienced this before as a symptom,lol. If thats what it is, I don't like it! I think I'll try some tea with honey to make it stop. :(
    Hope yours stops soon too!
    Anonymous

• that happened to a woman i work with, turns out some medicine she was give was causing it. you could have allergies this time of year causing masses of phelm. check any meds you take for that as a side effect.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I've had that problem. I went to the doc, and had the swine flu which then turned into an upper respiratory infection. But I didn't feel that sick. Just a lot of coughing. I got over all that. Then a few months later, I got sick again, and coughed so hard that I threw up a little, then got over it. IDK what it is.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:44 PM on Apr. 6, 2010