Any good recipes for using leftover ham?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I am actually making ham bean soup tonight. I buy a package of dried Hursts brand 15 bean soup (ham flavored), and cook it according to the directions on the back of the bag but I just use ham instead of like ham hocks or salt pork. It's easy and yummy if you like beans =)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:27 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Another thing we like is ham and eggs. Just dice up the ham, stir it into beaten eggs, and scramble. I also add mushrooms or green peppers to the mix when it's just for me and DH. the kids don't like it like that. Then when the eggs are almost done, add in a little bit of shredded 2% cheddar. Yummy.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:28 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Ham and pinto beans with green chile, YUM YUM YUM
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 9:36 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Shit on a Shingle! Chopped up ham in white gravy, like you would make for biscuits and gravy... Make whole wheat toast to pour it on and you're good to go!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:40 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Add ham to Broccoli-Rice Casserole, Scalloped Potatoes, Fried Rice, Fettucini Alfredo, Quiche, Bean Soup. Make hot ham & cheese hoagies. Add to fried cabbage or fried potatoes. I'm getting hungry here.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:47 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Scalloped potatoes with Ham
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 9:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• fried rice, charro bean soup, pizza, chopped up in stir frys
    mommawhite08

Answer by mommawhite08 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• ham, potatoes, and green beans is a staple in PA dutch country. Also easy to do in a crock pot!
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 10:44 PM on Apr. 6, 2010