The doctor has said your child is underweight.You can't get them to eat enough.So do you go ahead and give them whatever it is that they WILL eat, just to get them to eat, even if it is kinda not the most healthy things?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes. I had to do that. But now that she is older I give her better things to eat. But when she was little I would give her anything because she had failure to thrive and needed to gain weight at all costs.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 9:50 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• no,there are ways to bring a child's weight up in a healthy way. Pediasure is one way
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:51 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• My daughter won't drink pediasure.
    Anonymous

• I have an underweight 14y/o...he gets half and half....mostly healthy, but, he has tons of high calorie foods too. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:52 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• how about nestles breakfast essentials?
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:53 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Pediasue isn't real healthy...and that not teaching them to eat.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:53 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I have tried giving her pediasure, I have tried the graduates smart sips nutrition beverages, I have tried giving her step 2 formula.I have tried giving her these things cold, giving them warmed up, giving them mixed with other stuff. She will not even part her little lips to take one single drink.She is a tough one.lol.
    Today, I got her to eat 1/2 a pancake.1 piece of bread. 1 yogurt.some pineapple chunks.and 2 mini pretzals.
    Yeah, I did give her other things,but that is all she consumed.
    Anonymous

• my friends kid is really thin and the state wants to take him away. she tries to feed him though. he says eating is torchure... he is very bright and 4 years old.. no so much a toddler. my friend gives him whatever he will eat... one day things will get better but that someday is no day soon i dont think so
    Anonymous

• aww, really? Thats so sad. They shouldnt be able to take him away for that. If anything, he's better with the mom because she knows his issues and the things he will eat already. Someone new taking care of him won't know what he will eat and it could just get worse.:(
    Anonymous

• You should have her checked for reflux as well. It can cause kids to avoid certain foods. Maybe your doctor could refer you to someone. A GI specialist or feeding clinic at a children's hospital.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2010