This is too hard!!!

Hi Ladies,
Sorry for that last spell check mistake i did earlyer, i wasn't paying attention on what i was typing.
My question was, if i had unprotecded sex with my boyfriend on the 29th of march, and didn't get my period, but i drank alcohol the 4th of april, is it possible for me to harm my soon to be baby, because im not too sure how to count the day on which you concive. (the first day of my last period was the 9th of march and its not regulated). and im sure if i get it i already know the answer to if im pregnant.

So please help a girl out on what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am sure your baby is just fine. LOTS of people have had a drink without knowing they were preggo I am sure.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:58 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Odds are that the baby will be fine. It's very common for women to not know they are pregnant in the first month (or even two or three) and drink occasionally. The important thing is to stop once you know or suspect. Take a deep breath and say a prayer for your baby. Stressing about it isn't good for the baby either. All of the experts say that if you drank before you knew not to worry too much, but to stop once you know. There is no solid information on how much alcohol it takes to cause FAS. Some cases occur with moderate or light drinking, and some babies turn out totally healthy with a substantial amount of alcohol. It's best to play it safe, but not to stress if you didn't know.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:00 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• The truth is there is no sense in worrying about the past...focus on the future and you and your baby will be just fine. (I drank the first couple of months with both my pregnancies...not knowing obviously...and both babies are just fine).
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:03 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I'm sure your baby will be fine if you are pregnant. I was constantly drinking and smoked pot before I missed my period then drank the day before I took the test and my baby turned out fine! Of course I quit drinking and smoking as soon as I found out!
    Anonymous

• i just wouldn't go out binge drinking or anything :)
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:09 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I drank entirely too much at a Christmas party right before finding out I was pregnant with my third child. He's fine. It was my once a year go out and get drunk night. I had no CLUE I might be pregnant. I missed my period two weeks later.
    Anonymous

• I believe your baby will be fine I smoked with my baby before I knew I was pregnant but the bad part is I didn't find out until I was about 7 months and she was healthy baby and I thank God that she is so just say a prayer and I am sure your baby will be fine.Just try not to stress to much and I know how hard that is. May God bless you and your family.

ProudMommy134

Answer by ProudMommy134 at 10:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Once the egg is fertilized it takes a few days to attach and even then it's just a group of cells and I'm don't even think baby is using the placenta yet. Usually the baby has been growing for at least 2 weeks before you even know you are pregnant. I would say a very high percentage of people have had a drink or 10 in that time. You will be fine especially if it's only been 7 days in between possible conception and drinking.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 10:31 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• My Sister in law got plastered before she found out she was pregnant and her child turned out perfectly fine. Just don't drink any more alcohol until you know for sure whether you are pregnant or not.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I read that a little alcohol that early won't hurt the baby. I think the only thing that could be dangerous is if you go out and drink a lot day after day, but I think the baby should be fine, if it turns out that therer is one
    AirForceWife14

Answer by AirForceWife14 at 12:25 PM on Apr. 7, 2010