How can I keep my 4 year old daughter busy?

She is always asking me, are we gonna do something fun today? Even if we have already done something fun!! She needs a three ring circus ha ha!

Summerduh

Asked by Summerduh at 10:00 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• ha! so does my three year old son, i can't wait to put him into daycare or preschool with other kids to help him stay busy. right now it's all about playing outside whenever he get out there. he keeps himself busy out there.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:02 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• What does a typical day with her look like?
    Tf1990

Answer by Tf1990 at 10:02 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• We got a roll of bubble wrap. You can tear off single sheets like a roll of paper towels, it can get a bit noisy...but you wouldn't believe how long it will keep them busy.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 10:08 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• That's how my 2.5 yo is!!! We have snow outside so that doesn't work for long but imaginary play seems to work the best!!!!! Dd wathes tv but still has to be doing something else too! I wish I had her energy, that is for sure!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 10:13 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I'm not sure where you all are but here in albuquerque (Rio Rancho), NM we have a lot of places that have preschool starting at age 2. Maybe get her involved in one of those or a mothers day out or some sort of activity that she goes to at least a few times a week every week.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 11:25 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Color
    Play Dolls
    Play Ball Outside
    Doll House
    Make Crafts
    Puppet Show
    Fun and Educational DVD's .. "Word World", "Super Why", "Seasme Street", "Blues Clues" , "Word Girl", etc.
    Bubbles
    Obstacle course in the back yard. Hoola Hoop four times, then run to the ball, kick it across the yard, then three times around a big rock, then do two summersaults ... Or something. That was just of the top of my head.
    Have her practice her letters and nummbers on paper.
    Get a big chalk board, or get chalk board paint and pain a piece of wood or her walls and let her draw.
    Coloring with chalk on the sidewalks or driveway.
    Museums
    Zoos
    Parks
    Have Play Dates
    Find a bounce House
    A Mom and Me class
    Get her involved in gymnastics, soccer, little league, cheerleading, or something of that nature ..
    Umm .. That's all I can think of.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:48 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Thank you all! My daughter is actually in preschool 2 days a week, and even on the days I pick her up she is ready for some fun fun fun, when I am just exhausted! I will definately try your suggestions, it is cold and snowy here right now though so we really are looking forward to the summertime and her Daddy coming home!! Thanx again for all your responses.
    Summerduh

Answer by Summerduh at 11:55 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Buy a dog!!! They will literally wear each other out. It's a little more responsibility but it's worth it
    Dajennible

Answer by Dajennible at 12:06 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• try having her respond to that question, by leading her into thinkiing about ways she could entertqain herself... Makes her learn critical thinking skills, imagination, and maybe you could quiet her down, until you get relaxed by having her read to you. My daughter used to take her books and read to me by the pictures, and tell me the story... she would show me the picture, and tell me a story about it... We would see if she knew any recognizable letters like single ones, then pairs, and three letter and so on... This helps her recognize pairs, groups, numbers, colors, sequencing... Like I would ask her, "do you make a bed?" she would tell me the steps (sequencing); how do you make cereal ( only thing the next morning she tried to make it... spilled milk everywhere, but, I did not get made, she tried to help. From then, on, I pulled one bowl full into a small pitcher for her to handle... gotta love 'em...
    mamajack824

Answer by mamajack824 at 12:18 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• My DD plays for hours with her kitchen center. She can also paint for a long time, too. She would spend all day outside playing ball, with her swingset.
    eirejade

Answer by eirejade at 7:36 AM on Apr. 8, 2010